Visitors are both awed and inspired by our chapel’s size and inherent old world beauty. Opened in 1933 as the centerpiece of Providence Mother House, home and congregational seat of the Sisters of Providence, it retains its place of honor today welcoming all to treasure its exquisite spiritual setting for reflection and prayer. The Sisters of Providence Chapel is 135 feet long, 50 feet wide and 60 feet high. It can comfortably seat 375 people.
The columns and arches are made of tooled cast stone and its side walls feature panels of rouge antique marble and 10-foot high wainscoting.
The chapel’s artistic focal point is an Italian marble alter centered in the sanctuary beneath a breathtakingly beautiful baldachino of Venetian mosaic, it’s under cap depicting the descent of the Holy Spirit.
Residents are welcome to enjoy and gather in the chapel for daily mass and prayer. In addition, we invite our guests, their families and friends to our Chapel Concerts held several times a year.
Learn More About Our Chapel Concerts